Silbo is looking for a full-time, customer-friendly, energetic, motivated Director of Growth to join our team. The Director of Growth acts as the central nervous system for Silbo, helping to manage our referee and sports league communities, starting immediately.
As the Director of Growth for Silbo, you’ll have the rare opportunity to scale an early-stage business. You will be managing the operations team nationwide, ensuring Silbo’s games are covered with sports officials 24×7.
You will also be asked to communicate with and source sports officials, and be the last line of defense on complaints and supply chain issues across a number of communication channels. To do well in this role you need to be able to remain calm when customers are frustrated and have experience in both software and operations management.
We’re looking for someone who can dive deep into strategy, planning, and implementation for multiple geographical metros, scaling Silbo in each metro while ensuring our customers’ games are filled at all times.
To be successful in this role you’ll need a balanced mix of operational abilities to deliver results, the grit and motivation required to build strong relationships with users, customers and partners, the innovative thinking that’s needed to solve new and interesting daily challenges, and the emotional intelligence needed to inspire teams.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Proactively reach out to customers to bolster high levels of satisfaction and engagement
- Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints.
- Knowing our products inside and out so that you can answer questions.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Excellent phone skills and communication skills are a must.
- Adapt to a fast-changing environment
- On-the-spot problem resolution.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several different projects simultaneously during a fast-paced day.
- Job requires night (3-9pm ET) & weekend oversight
- Bachelor Degree in operations, business, STEM, or equivalent work experiences/aptitude
- 3-5 years experience in operations or related field
- Experience creating systems and processes to scale operations
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver goals on time
- Experience working in highly ambiguous environments with fast shifting conditions
- Ability to function independently without heavy supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous startup experience
- SQL Experience
- Experience developing KPIs and dashboards to monitor operations
- A builder’s mentality – comfortable developing something scalable where nothing existed before
- We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance to give you peace of mind on important healthcare needs.
- We have a distributed team and support employees no matter where they’re working.
- We also give the time you need for rest and vacation. We have flexible PTO and mental health days.