With games delayed due to COVID-19, we are switching up how we’re determining Ref of the Month. To decide April’s Ref of the Month, we are having a writing contest! Rules are below. Make sure to get your submissions in by Thursday, April 30th!
- Pick a topic of your choice. It can be your thoughts on sportsmanship, a personal story about officiating, your thoughts on various rules, etc. Just be sure it’s compelling. Bonus points go to anyone with a fresh, unique perspective.
- One entry per official.
- First place wins $100. Second wins $50. Third wins $25. Fourth wins $15.
- You must have downloaded the Silbo app and set up your direct deposit information to be considered.
- Winners to be selected by Silbo, posted on the Silbo website, and shared via email and social media to the Silbo community.
- Winners will receive a write-up in their post from the Silbo CEO about why their post was selected.
- You can attach your name to the post, or choose to remain anonymous when the post is shared with the public. (Obviously Silbo will need to know who to send the cash to!)
- Submissions are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 30th, and the winners will be announced Tuesday, May 5th.